Θέμα: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

Junior Member Το avatar του χρήστη Shark
    Σκάφος:
    ZAR61
    Μηχανή:
    Suzuki DF175
    Thanks

Προεπιλογή Απάντηση: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

The lowrance don't show the engine warnings. Only the lmf400 sims from suzuki does it.
    I have the old round connector. I think you must buy or build an adapter.
    For the square connector i've read a lot of post.
    Reading post, i have undestand that with the new square connector you cannot have the digital and the analog gauges plugged on the engine.
    With the old plug you can have both connected. Only the trim sensor you have to decide if you want plug in the analog or in the digital.

There are a lot of information on the plugs, adapter ecc.. on
    http://primus.lowrance.com/
    search ep20 connector

Some reading:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...ace-cable.html

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...face-ep20.html
    TxGunslinger

Default Re: Suzuki engine interface EP20
    I have connected it up on my df250. BUT I am not using a lowrance guage, I am connected to a nmea 2000 network connected to a garmin 4208. The analog tach does work BUT THE over heat, CHECK ENGINE and Over rev come on but are disabled ( described by suzuki). Suzuki sent out a dealer prep bullletin in November 2007. You can call suzuki and they will fax it to you as they did me. It describes the plug and the wire colors of the plug to disconnect from the ECM and describes the gray plug and the color of wire. You disconnect the three wire plug from the ecm , find the male gray smis plug on the engine. It will be in a rubber sheath. Plug these to gether. OK Under the dash, the tach is plugged into a plug that matchs the type plug on the ep 20 adapter. Unplug the square connector that go to the tach and connect the adapter. Find a vacant 2 wire plug under the dash and connect the 2 wire plug on the adapter. This is the trim guage connector. This is the way it should connect to work. I do not know how to diagnos any type of problems.

Συνημένες Εικόνες Συνημένες Εικόνες
    Συνημμένα Αρχεία Συνημμένα Αρχεία

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member Το avatar του χρήστη Linus
    Thanks

Προεπιλογή Re: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

Thank you guys
    Reading the forums that you mentioned seems to me that neither Suzuki nor Lowrance have a good communication between them.
    How is possible that the LMF400 original (manufactured by Lowrance) is not providing/displaying the same information of the one manufactured for SUzuki by Lowrance as an OEM?
    Really crazy!!!!
    I΄m afraid that I made a mistake buying the Lowrance LMF400.

Thanks

Προεπιλογή Re: Απάντηση: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

Thank you mdk!!

Junior Member Το avatar του χρήστη Shark
    Σκάφος:
    ZAR61
    Μηχανή:
    Suzuki DF175
    Thanks

Προεπιλογή Απάντηση: Re: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Linus Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    How is possible that the LMF400 original (manufactured by Lowrance) is not providing/displaying the same information of the one manufactured for SUzuki by Lowrance as an OEM?
    The lowrance lmf400 is a generic nmea2000 gauge not for only suzuki.
    I have the original suzuki and it display all the informations and the alarms. The suzuki sims (lmf400) i think that have a modified firmware for displaying the suzuki engine alarms.
    if you plug the ep20 to a nmea2000 chart plotter you'll all the informations except the engine alarms.

Reading i have seen that with the new engine is possible with some wiring using the analog gauges for the alarms and the digital togheter (like mine configuration)

Thanks

Προεπιλογή Re: Απάντηση: Re: Who knows Lowrance EP20 interface Suzuki

Thank you Shark.
    If would be possible to display the alarms on the LMF400, I will replace the analog tach. I need to find out a way of modifing the firmware of the LMF400 in order to display the same information of the suzuki SIMS. I read that the firmware of the LMF400 could be actualized for other problems, so...
    Someone has experience on this?

+ Απάντηση στο θέμα

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές